Your wedding is a once in a lifetime celebration of love and commitment with your partner. To plan this auspicious one-day celebration, you should do a proper planning; otherwise, you may end up regretting some of the things all through your life.
There are many people who wish that someone could have told or reminded them of certain things before their wedding day.
Here are some of the things to take note of to make sure that your wedding day is perfect and will be a lovely event to remember.
1. Making Decisions
There are people who don’t like to make personal decisions when it comes to their own wedding. They don’t want to decide when and where to go for shopping, what kind of silverware should be on the table and all the other little details. They leave all of the decision-making to the wedding planner and then find out that there are things that they don’t like. When it comes to making decisions for your wedding, remember:
· It is essential to know what you want and don't want when it comes to your wedding.
· It’s your special day, and you have to make individual decisions to make sure that things will go as perfect as possible.
2. Splurge on the Most Important Things
Your wedding day is the most important day of your life. You want to make sure that you’ll have beautiful memories about it. So, in the process of scrutinizing every little detail of your wedding, you might become too stressed out. Don’t worry. Tackle one thing at a time.
· Remember to make a checklist so that you won’t leave anything out.
· Regardless of your budget, you should focus on the things you will remember the most. Don’t stress about the rest.
· You can select a place which is affordable enough to accommodate your close friends and family members.
· With the help of a wedding planner, you can break a deal and come up with top-notch arrangements, perfect wedding cake, and food.
· Splurge on the essential things while remaining thrifty with the less important ones.
3. Thoroughly Explain What You Want to Service Providers
Even if the service providers are recommended by your wedding planner or by someone you know, make sure that everything is according to your liking. For example:
· Discuss the songs you want to be played in each part of the wedding with your DJ.
· To be precise, you can request for a video portfolio of their previous performances.
· In this way, you will know how they perform live. This prevents any confusion like playing music from different genres and other wedding announcement mistakes.
4. Make a Checklist
Similar to the point above, you should make checklists and ensure that all the service providers know how you want things to happen. Instead of regretting afterward, you can make it perfect by thinking things through and making checklists. For example:
· You can create different checklists like a photo list for the wedding day.
· You can have a collection of diagrams for a better understanding of the event.
· You can make checklists for various other things related to your wedding.
· You can save them to Dropbox, Evernote, or your wedding folder, and use them as needed.
5. Skip the Rituals That Don’t Matter To You
There are some rituals that don't matter or are not really required.
· The “bouquet throwing” ritual in which the bride throws the bouquet and other bridesmaids or female guests tries to catch it, may be relevant to some and not really for you. If you do not like this ritual, know that you have to option to skip that.
You should not feel obliged to include anything because it was on someone else’s wedding template or just because it is a tradition.
6. Don’t Break Your Ankle Right Before Your Wedding Day
Just before your wedding, do not indulge in unnecessary, unusual, or dangerous activities. Even if it is a fun or enjoyable sport, you should avoid it. Can you imagine yourself walking down the aisle with a crutch? Of course not, so try to avoid anything that may cause accidents. As a friendly advice:
· You should not stress.
· Take care of yourself. If you do so, your wedding day will be fantastic.
· Regardless of the level of preparations, if you are well and healthy, everything will happen beautifully.
In a nutshell:
These are some of the things that you should know before your wedding. Most people do not see these things and end up unnecessarily stressed-out. Hence, savor the most beautiful day of your life. It’s your special day. Do your best to enjoy every moment of it.
Written by: Anthony Briggs
Anthony Briggs has worked with some of the major hotel chains in the world. He currently works for Tuki Retreat. He enjoys working in the hospitality industry and is dedicated to providing clients with the best accommodation experience available.